Bike rentals Local Covid lockdown important!
Due to the recently announced Local Covid lockdown in Conwy Authority we are unable to hire bikes to people living outside the Conwy Authority until the lockdown is lifted. We can continue to hire to people able to prove residency in Conwy Authority and are offering 20% discount on all hire to Conwy residents with special deals for longer term hire (please pre-book)
We will continue to provide bike servicing and repair to local customers. If you live in Conwy Authority now is the time to try out an E bike or get your bike serviced!
COVID 19 – BEICS BETWS - POLICY AND PROCEDURES
1) All bike hire will be by prior booking only, customers will be allocated a time to collect bikes and should only return bikes when it can be seen that there are no other customers present
2) Customers who fail to arrive at the allocated time should call to be rebooked later that day or another day.
3) A distance of at least 2 metres will be kept between customers and staff. Only customers from one household can access the premises at any time
4) All bikes coming onto the premises and leaving the premises will be sanitized by wiping down or spraying with an anti virus liquid. This may contain a bleach solution, which may cause stains to clothing
5) Hand sanitizer containing 70% alcohol and antivirus wipes will be available and used by staff and customers when dealing with bikes, making payment and completing paperwork
6) Where ever possible, business will be conducted outside in the open air, a sneeze screen is fixed on our counter for use when conducting business inside
7) Payment will be by bank transfer or card payment for which we will use a mobile payment terminal the screen of which will be sanitized after each use.
8) Only one customer to enter the shop or workshop area at any time
9) Customer will be encouraged to bring and use their own helmets or to purchase a new one from ourselves. Customers having to use our helmets may be charged for cleaning and sanitizing. Customer trying on helmets for hire will do so in the outside area using disposable gloves and using our clean/used helmet holders. All used helmets will be steam cleaned and sanitized.
10) Customers will be encouraged to decide upon their chosen bike route prior to arrival using our website and local maps. Some of the routes are available on our bike GPS computer files which can be hired by arrangement. It is difficult to practise social distancing and explain routes on maps face to face and at busy times this could be difficult.
11) Our toilets will not be available for public use at this time
12) Staff may wear masks in certain circumstances when issuing bikes, you are encouraged to bring your own masks and do the same.
13) No customer pick up /drop off services can be offered during this time although we can continue to deliver and collect bikes to specified locations if required (for an extra charge)
14) Our emergency bike/rider collection service can only be used in extreme circumstances and may involve collecting the bike only with riders being dependant on the emergency services.
15) We will continue to try and help passing riders with emergency bike repairs where we can, COVID procedures will be followed.
Enjoy your ride and stay healthy.